For specific assignments, ECF augments its permanent staff with prominent leading experts including:
- Brig. Gen (res.) Udi Dekel, former head of the Strategic Division in the Planning department of the IDF and former head of the negotiations task force with the Palestinians in the government of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
- Brig. Gen. (res.) Shlomo Brom, former head of the Strategic Division in the Planning Department of the IDF and currently a Senior Research Fellow and Director of the Program on Israel-Palestinian Relations at the Institute for National Security Studies (INSS);
- Adv. Talia Sasson, former head of the State Prosecution Special Tasks Department at the Ministry of Justice under Prime Ministers Benjamin Netanyahu (first mandate), Ehud Barak and Ariel Sharon, and author of the 2005 government
,land mark report on illegal West Bank outposts.
- Prof. Ruth Lapidoth, former legal advisor to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Professor Emeritus of International Law at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and recipient of the 2006 Israel Prize in Legal Studies and of the 2000 Prominent Woman in International Law Award from the WILIG group of the American Society of International Law.
- Mr. David Brodet, former Director General of the Ministry of Finance and former head of the Israeli economic delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian negotiations that resulted in the signing of the Paris Protocol. He is currently the Chairman of Bank Leumi. Prior to his nomination as Chairman of Bank Leumi, Brodet was involved in numerous ECF projects, including the drafting of the Economic Permanent Status (EPS).
- Amb. Ilan Baruch, former Israeli ambassador to the Republic of South Africa, former Head of Bureau for Middle Eastern Economic Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and former Director of the Multilateral Peace Process Coordination Division during the Oslo Interim Agreement negotiations.